4.20.2006

Three Tree

Today I got up and visted Grandpa. He seems to be in rather good health.
His walker sits up against the wall and hasn't been used in a couple weeks.
Irene, Joan, Garrett, and I took him to the Celtic Bayou, a Cajun/Irish pub.
I had some artichoke pesto pasta which was very good.

Next I headed out to Issaquah to get a tank fill and purchase some new dry gloves.
Now when I go in the water the only thing that gets wet is my head.
My hands were much more warm than in any previous dive. Good times.

Where I did dive was Three Tree in Burien. While down there, it was much of the same: starfish, sea anenome, and sea cucumber, but today I did actually see an octopus. However it was hiding in an engine block and wasn't visible enough to take a picture.
The other thing that I missed getting on 'film' was a starfish and clam interaction.
The starfish was pissing off the clam enough to where the clam stuck out its foot which was three times the length of the shell, and catapulted itself away from the starfish. It did this twice and managed to get about 3 feet away. It was enough to confuse the slow-moving starfish.
I've seen a movie of this same incident in the past, probably something Manuel showed me, butI can't seem to come up with it again. Maybe he can find it for me *hint, hint* ;)

But speaking of movies, I happened to take one on this dive of a kelp crab. I'm having issues uploading it, but once I do get it I'll post it here. And when you do finally watch it, the blue thing prodding at it is my finger.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home