3.19.2006

Luck of the Irish

Maybe I'm Irish, who knows. I've been mistaken for an Irishman before, and damned if I don't look like a leprauchan when I'm sporting a full, red beard.

But this weekend I think I truely think I had the luck of the Irish.
On Friday I went into work only to be informed that I won a $25 store gift card.
On top of that, it was double discount day.
So I bought a shirt, a pair of shorts, flip-flops, AND a floating ice chest that carries beers, all for under that $25 mark,
leaving me with a dollar to go toward my lunch the next day.

Then I went out on Sunday to a friends BBQ where we play a friendly round of poker.
I never have the attention span for such a game, but last night I stuck it out.
Usually when it's down to the last 3 people, I think to myself that I've done well enough, so I start playing sloppy.
But last night I finally figured out the game (how to effectively bet), and by the time there were 3 of us left, I had a majority of the pot.
Calen played a good hand, but went out, leaving just me and the hostess.
Sorry, but I had to continue playing balls-out. She didn't mind, she brought it too.

The final hand came to and all-in battle right after the initial flop.
With all cards showing, I picked up the straight on the turn (4th card).
Money. Now I'm $30 richer.

Well, actually, overall I became $55 richer this weekend.
So maybe I am lucky.

But I still have to work every damn weekend, so who am I kidding?

3 Comments:

Blogger Nurse said...

you're scottish tard

10:51 PM  
Blogger Trav said...

ireland is prettier.
i want to be irish.

5:27 PM  
Blogger Ams said...

no county Mayo!

8:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home