6.29.2013

DOMA ARIGATO

Another conversation on Facebook. I'm TS. DZ is a high school friend. JZ is his brother. I get into it with him. JMM is an unfortunate victim of these brothers' beliefs.

DZ: It pains me to say it, but Romans 1: 18-32 could very well have been written about the US. It describes the state of our country perfectly. I believe what the bible says and even though I'll probably be attacked by "open-minded people" I don't care. If this offends you, then unfriend me. I have no fear of death or where I'm going. Can you honestly say the same? Jesus is Lord and all praise is to Him.
    • 5 people like this.

    • JMM: ???

    • CB: A little upset about DOMA, are we  ?

    • JZ: Hey JMM. Your question marks are answered by reading it.

    • JB: I particularly love verse 32 that says that because i disagree, i am worthy of death.
      "that those who practice such things are deserving of death, not only do the same but also approve of those who practice them."
      No caveat of old testament v new testament?
      No verses 18-31 only?
      Love you DZ, but one day you may realize how truly ridiculous actual open-minded loving caring thoughtful people find this stuff, w/out blaming it on our lack of a relationship with your desert prophet.
      Good day

    • JMM: I wasn't going to say anything, but I have to. I need you to know how hurt and disgusted I am. When I met you at Western, YOU were a very liberal, open minded guy. You would have been right next to me fighting for equal rights, you would have been happy to stand by me.

    • JZ: I think everyone should just calm down. Voicing and opinion on facebook should not get an adult mad. JMM, I'm sure you are a good guy. Just don't let words that are said by others ruin you day. I don't. I know what I believe in. That's all. Love makes the world go round. Embrace yourself.

    • TS: Yahweh was the southern Semitic rain deity. He battled Ba'al, the northwestern Semitic rain deity. Now there's a good Bible story: I Kings 18.

    • BP: What about Exodus 21? There's some nice stuff in there about beating slaves and selling daughters as sex slaves... I try really hard to accept people's religious views until they come at the price of hurting others

    • TS: "Love makes the world go round."
      That's not exactly what those Bible verses are preaching. God can be so bipolar sometimes.
    •   JZ: TS. If you and talked like Men, you'd know. Its just not my business to slam others that I don't know.     Inbox me with your number or have a nice life.


    • TS: You're slamming the entire LGBTQ community...

    • JZ: No I'm not. Your ignorance is embarrassing dude. Goodbye

    • TS: Is that why my comments are getting "likes" and yours aren't? Have a good one.

    • JZ: I don't care. But you care who "likes." Ha.

    • TS: Sick burn. Just thought I'd give you something to think about.

      Oh, and btw - telling people they should just accept hate-speech that directly affects their lives doesn't really go over that well.

    • JZ: Don't care

    • TS: Exactly. Doesn't affect you; why should you?

    • JZ: I'm working. Don't care about you. Later

    • JB: That went downhill fast

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home