9.12.2006

autumn

I was walking home today on my usual route through the hospital, then down a muddy road to the dorms.
While on the road, I noticed some freshly-fallen yellow leaves lying atop the mud.
I look up and notice that a lot of the broad-leaved trees' leaves are now also yellow.
It wasn't like this before the weekend...

Ya know. I've always enjoyed the snow.
But maybe that's cuz I've never had to live in it for more than a day or two.
I'm not sure how this winter will treat me. I'm almost dreading it.

Winter is fast approaching.
I met a girl who has the same bday as me.
She said when she was little the snow would always come before it.
Now that the globe is a bit more heated, she says she has to wait for snow until after our bday.
It still varies, but the chances are less for early snow.
Everyone else I talk to keeps saying that the snow comes in mid October.
But unlike this girl, they don't have a definite day in their heads to mark the annual arrival of winter snow.

Either way it's going to come. But for me, the later the better.
I hate jackets.
(Why am I here?)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home