11.29.2004

worked today. seemed everything went wrong the first couple hrs. you know... those days... but i had my favorite boss working with me today, so it got better.
after work, the boss, this chic who works U-scan, and the 40 - 50 something single guy who works the desk set out with yours truely to some late-night grub at shari's.
had some tasty cheese sticks and a milkshake. and i got to drive the boss' car back to freds. its only like 2 or 3 blocks. we came back around 1ish and had an ice-scraping party for the other 3 cars that had been there all night. after that was done, i busted out of there and waited at that light at wendys.
when the lights changed, lights immediately flipped on behind me. fucked.
pulled over. amazingly i found my license, registration, and proof of insurance with ease. he said my license plate light was out. fuck my lights are always burning out. he checked my shit and after a few minutes left me on my way.
but as i was about to leave the parking lot (i had pulled into the 76 station lot) the next car that passed me was also pulled over. maybe they were looking to make a drug bust from the fred's parking lot and mistakenly nabbed me. oh well. i don't really care. i don't think i was even wearing my seat belt.
no click it, no ticket!
anyway. cool to get out with new people.

on other work-related news, tuesday and friday might have to suck.
10 - 3 at fred's, 3:30 - 9 pm at the pool. the shitty part isn't only that that's 11 hrs, but that it takes half an hour to go from my house to the pool, so i'll have exactly no free time between jobs. i swear i had a restriction on tues/thurs that said i couldn't work past 2 or 2:30. fuckers. already "forgetting".
friday actually isn't that bad. i forgot that i only work 6:30 - 10 at the pool rather than 3:30 - 10. other wise that would be a 13 hr day. i'm sure i'll see that sometime in the near future.
in 18 days i get 2 days off. could be more. woot!

this woman in line today was whining about going back to work after having for days off. i seriously wanted to bitchslap her, or at least make some lude comment about it, but i didn't. then she goes on to say how somebody's coffee smells so good. she really knows how to push my buttons.
coffee smells like ass to me. i hate when it comes through my line.

now i'm just rambling. i would read, but i just finished my book the other night.
need a new one. maybe i'll actually start Rigoberta. but right now it's in the car.
too far and cold for me to fetch it now.

oh. speaking of cold. it reminded me. i thought having a little bit of muscle would be kinda cool, but it's backfired some.
people think you're trying to be arrogant when you're just standing around minding your own business.

at jason's party when i first showed up, i was standing near the card table surveying the scene. i had my arms crossed as i watch the cards go out. someone asked my if i was cold. before i could answer, kevin blurts out, "nah, he's just trying to show his muscle." i was actually just trying to stay out of everyone's way, and i guess that's how i stand when i do that.

tonight when we went to shari's i took off my fred's shirt and had my new york shirt on underneath. i didn't get the chance to go to my car, so i couldn't get a jacket. we get to shari's and the two girl's i'm with mention my lack of jacket. again, before i had the chance to defend myself, they chalk it up to the fact that i just wanted to show off my muscles. for one, no, i wasn't i just didn't want to sport that fred's shirt around and had no other option, and 2, i don't think that the muscles are that impressive in the first place. they're kinda bulky, but that's about it. no real definition.

would have no work tomorrow, but my coworker friend is still in vegas =P
oh well. she covered my ass for like two or 3 friday's in a row, i guess i could cover her ass some. i did saturday for her too, which also would have been a day off from both jobs.

that's all the bitching i can muster right now.
when i have more time and patience (maybe sometime around the new year) i'll finish up the yellowstone pics. it's sad, cuz there really aren't that many left. i'm just not feeling up to the task. there's some cool buffalo pictures in there. maybe i'll just do those and save you all the boredom. nah. there's some cool scenery pictures too. shit called the yellowstone grand canyon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home