11.11.2004

i am a drone -- a machine, a la andy warhol.
i go to one place and sit for 5 hours until i go to another place and rhythmically sweep my arms and periodically typing 4-digit codes onto a keyboard for a few more hours.
i have no real life when i am outside of these places. the hours that i am home, the three other people here are sleeping, while i am wide awake. my only comfort is my incessantly purring cat that occasionally barfs on some of my more treasured belongings, or a nice note that lets me know some dinner is getting cold in the fridge. this is a big change from coming home to at least one of five faces, to a house that almost never slept.

but i guess its ok. i have no girlfriend to satiate, and i'm finding myself more open to conversation in the workplace. there is where i can enjoy my life and then retire to a veritably empty home.

look at me sulking and its only my third week of two jobs.
if only i had a day job. then i could enjoy some of the day on my own time.
i had two days off in a row last week. that was fairly awesome.
i don't see that happening again any time soon.
dear god i want to get into grad school.
this will definitely get my ass motivated. . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home