10.23.2006

thermostat

I think our thermostat may be on the fritz.
My roommate came in asking if it was insanely hot in my room.
I look up at my atomic clock which told me that it's 81.4 degrees in my room.
I went downstairs to bump the thermostat down, figuring someone may have put it up since the last time I checked it.
But.... no.
It was still at 65 where I left it last.

So this may be a decent turn of events for the coming winter.
Although I still like the security of a needed blanket laying over me to capture all my body heat.
When it's 3o degrees outside I don't want to be practically nude to catch some sleep.

If I leave my window open overnight, the cold overpowers the warm.
I'm undecided as to which I'm least annoyed with: cold or heat.
Maybe cold, but it can get too damn cold.
I think I just need to find the best angle at which to keep my window open.
It will block the wind but still let in a sufficient amount of cool air to counteract the retarded thermostat.

One might ask, "Why don't you just alert the housing office?"
Well, let's see. I asked for a window screen the second week I got here, and now well into the 9th week flies are still coming in at their own will.
Although maybe if you let them know that they're losing money on unwanted heat, then they might take the initiative to do something about it.

But for now, I'll just play like I'm in California with my window open and my fan on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home