10.07.2006

Pissed

This is what pisses me off.
Everytime I think I have come to an insightful conclusion about societal interactions, I read something that says that I have just independently come to this conclusion.

For instance, my recent rant has been that people's selfish tendancies rule their lifestyle.
Then I find a reference to a guy named Richard Dawkins who has written a book entitled The Selfish Gene!
Now I'm realizing, after posting months or years ago about the manipulative use of religion, this Barkow guy (seen below) was already on top of it!

Why couldn't someone have introduced this literature to me years ago so I could have diverted my brainpower toward novel, non-prexisting ideas!

1 Comments:

Blogger Nurse said...

Dude, Dawkins is interesting. You should read more of him. Especially look into what he calls "memes". It's like the evolution and survival of ideas. Pretty interesting.

10:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home