9.17.2006

University of Tokyo

I got tired of reading so I started talking to a friend from UW.
She's originally from Osaka, Japan and is now going to school as a grad student in physical anthropology at the University of Tokyo.

Manuel just re-introduced me to Google Earth, so after she told me where she was, I was determined to find her. It was a bit more difficult that things I've looked for before, simply because I could read them. In Google Earth, everything in Japan is in kanji, and I don't know the first thing about it.
Fortunately all the districts(?) are in Roman lettering.
So she told me she was in Bunkyo-ku.
After a few times, I found her.

Kyoko's physical anthropolgy building is on the left in the wooded area and is the closer, larger figure-8 looking building.
I could look at this stuff forever.

She also told me about a good Japanese restaurant she found in Anchorage while attending a conference called Kumagoro.
It's downtown, I'll have to try it out.
(I could have showed you the zoomed in image, but it would have meant nothing to you. I thought the zoomed-out view looked cooler. That big chunk of land sticking out from below Anchorage is called the Kenai Peninsula. That's where Aaron and I kicked it for a while before I could move into my dorm. The yellow road actually ends at Homer. That's where we spent most of our time. You can see the spit sticking out into the bay.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home