12.07.2005

Bling

I talk to this guy at the pool often.
He's a landscaper by profession and very much an intellectual.
He went to some small college over on the east coast and majored in geology.
We have some really intense discussions about the world, etc.

Last week he offered a job to me. 6 hours of work, $120 dollars when completed.
I'm down. $20/hr?!!? I'm definitely on it!

So i show up on Tuesday at the Inglemoor Golf Club at 9. No one's there.
crap. am i at the right place? I call Ted, the guy who hooked me up.
Oh, they're getting all the equipment together. Fine.
9:30 rolls around and so does the crew. Ted plus 5 more for a total of 7.
So we all grab a fatty gas-powered hedge trimmer and start hacking.
noon rolls around and the call is made for lunch. it just so happened that we were finished with the job except to pick up a few scraps.
we chow down some dominos. 4 medium pizzas between the 7 of us.
good stuff. free food.
when we've had our break, we go back and do that little bit of clean up.

everything is said and done at about a quarter past 1.
time to pay up!
John, the guy in charge pulls out a fat wad of $50's.
he mutters some math off kind of under his breath and hands me 3 $50's.
fine by me!
i just scored $150 dollars for under 4 hours of work that happened to come out to be $40/hr.
yeah. i can handle that.
today i'm slightly sore in my forearms and near my hip from where i rested the hedge trimmer as i swiveled it back and forth to whack the crap out of those trees and shrubs.
today i had to pull out a thorn or two from the berry bushes that got stuck in my hands, but all in all, i think for the wear and tear, it was totally worth it.

take a look again at a map of the area, you can see where we worked.
we hacked down everything outside of that loop on the water with the dock sticking off of it.
and inside the loop, we did that northern area that doesn't look like a lawn.
in my pictures you can see the tennis courts, and west of there where the geese were.
to the north there's the island and the Sammamish slough.
to the south there's the country club.
to the east are the condos we made a view for.

so now i'm that much closer to my dry suit.
i'm going tomorrow to put a down payment on the bastard.
oh yeah, i'll be divin in style...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home