10.05.2005

Alki

Headed out to Alki today to meet up with a guy I met at 5th Dimension.
This was my first chance to actually SCUBA dive since last year!
I'll write more about it later, but right now I'm kind of tired and only really want to show you the movies I took.

This movie shows how I need to work on my slow-panning skills.
I guess this other movie does as well, but the quick panning later on in the movie was out of fear of losing my guide.
This second movie was of a small tug boat that went down a while ago.
I swam across to the bow where some starfish and other sealife were hanging out.
Under the bow, but getting a better view from the former middle of the tug, was where we spotted the octopus.
You can kinda see it if you check out the pictures I posted.

Apparently at this site, Cove 2, you can also have the luck of seeing Harbor seals and six gills (6 foot sharks).
The sharks luckily dart away when they see you, but the seals will play around.
On the night dives, the seals will follow your light until it spots a fish, then they will quickly nab it.
Smart little bastards. I'd hate to be the fish. It'd be like being on the firing range.
See the scope, you're toast.

More later, if I remember.
Tired.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i didn't see no octopussy

1:22 PM  
Blogger Trav said...

you won't recognize it if you just look at the slide show.
the description on the pictures will help you decipher the pussy that you're unfamiliar with.

10:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home