9.24.2005

Professional Update

oh.
so i figured out what disadvantage is coupled with my lack of professionalism: lack of respect.

yesterday i asked to leave fred meyer's a half hour early so i could get to my other job.
all they would tell me was, "get back in your checkstand!".
no love.

then. when i was closing at the pool, these two boys that i always play with started beating me with noodles as i was doing my fifteen minutes of work: putting on the tarps, turning of lights, hosing down the place.

but the kids wouldn't stop! i'm dragging tarps with both hands as i'm getting the crap beat out of me with wet, foam noodles.

i ask, "can't you see i'm working?"

"yes!!" *giggle, giggle*

"could you pick up those balls you keep throwing at me and put them away?"

"NO!" *giggle*

walked on by 7 year olds.
it's too bad that the only way i'd know how to manipulate them would be to beat the living fuck out of them.

so how do other people do it?
i guess with the harshness of their tone.
but i think i lack that attribute.
or at least it isn't natural in me.
it takes a lot for me to get overly frustrated and use it.

just like with joan's 4 and a half year old kid, celena.
she came to visit me at work today.
she throws out her arms so i have to pick her up.

but then after feeling a bit guilty for standing around at work with a small child hanging around my neck while i'm doing nothing, i try to put her down.
"OK, Celena, its time to go down."
"NOPE! UPPIE!!"
she grips tighter.

so what ends up happening?
i go outside with a little girl hanging around my neck while i push carts.
eventually her mom calls me on my parcel phone so i know she wants to go.
joan calmly tells her it's time to go and she immediately releases the death grip.

HOW IS IT THAT EASY?!??!

i guess she's seen her mom angry.
i know i have....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home