6.13.2005

it's a BOY!

oh! i forgot to mention.

my coworker, irene, had her baby at 6:57 pm on June 11th.
it was a little boy. they named him Garrett Matthew.
his due date was July 6th, so he was a bit premature but still a healthy 7 lbs. 7 oz. and 19.5 inches long.

i was at the hospital when she was in labor.
i got to see the little guy when he was about a half hour old.
very cute.

they let me hold him.
he was put into my arms.
i couldn't breathe. they told me i could. but i couldn't.
...couldn't move.

he opened his jet-black eyes and checked me out.
then he did a little tongue dance.
i guess he wanted some nip.
not my department.
so i gave him back and he suckled like a champ.

this is the first and youngest newborn i can remember interacting with.
i went to my sister's preemie hospital, but those didn't hit home at all.
those were alien-looking anyway they were so damn small... and transparent.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home