6.04.2005

futbol

tonight was kinda kooky.
i worked 12 hrs, then went out with my co-worker from the pool.
just as kinda a backup for meeting people at this place on capitol hill called the capitol club.
she joined a gaelic football club (this is the chic that plays rugby), and she barely knew any of the people.

unbeknownst to me, i did know one of the people.
the person that kinda runs the club was ASB Secretary when i was a sophmore at juanita.
i wouldn't really have known or interacted with her if she hadn't gone out with one of my fellow swimmers, ryan farmer.
so i talked to rebecca fox for a while.
she went to boston, became a lawyer, but is unfortunately now unemployed.
go figure.

so i had to piss, cuz i was drinking, and i got directions to go downstairs and make a U-turn.
i did this, but i guess the wrong way and i ended up in a private room with a bunch of chix.
apparently it was a bachlorette party. whoops.
they were on somewhat of a scavenger hunt.
one of their things was a wash-board stomach.
now, i can pull of a 4-pack, but i'm still working on those last two.
but i guess i qualified and i got my picture taken with some hot blonde chic with a nose ring where i was exposing my abs.

crazy what a bit of alcohol will do to ya.
i think when i go out with people i don't know that well, i tend to mingle better.
probably has something to do with the fact that i can sit around and be comfortable with people i'm always comfortable with.
so in this scenario i was forced to meet new people.
it actually wasn't that hard.
i should do it more often.
it's just having the excuse to be out there is the problem.

so anyway. i got kung fu tomorrow, then i close at fred meyer.
speaking of the fu, i caught a bruce lee movie last night on AMC.
it was the one where bruce and co. have to fight their way upstairs to where they eventually have to fight kareem abdul-jabar.
the fighting was very slow-paced, but at least i got to see what they were doing.
at one point there were nunchucks. bruce lee would flip them around in some astonishing fluid movements, then *SMACK*, whap the guy upside the head.
this continued for 4 or 5 rounds leaving instant purple bruises on his opponent.
quite amuzing.
when he did actually fight kareem, all his jabs seemed to be directly at the man's nutsack.
kareem took the punches rather well for their placement.
its not that bruce lee was aiming for the sack, it's just that his jabs straight out from the shoulder landed on kareem's nutsack.
eventually a choke-hold ended the struggle.

hopefully my kung fu tomorrow will find some unsuspecting nutsack.
ok. maybe not.
but i at least enjoy the idea of sparring.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun night! But I was thinking of how you told me I shouldn't get a nose ring because of how it'd be when you get sick. Glad I listened to your advice! ;-)

9:27 AM  
Blogger Trav said...

i didn't give you that advise.

12:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, well you told me not to get one. Maybe it was for a different reason.

3:57 PM  
Blogger Ams said...

My nose ring doesn't bother me when I'm sick. I think you should get one. In fact, I got compliments on mine today AND later found myself thinking about how I never realize it's there anymore. Get one. Travis is just embarrassed to admit he likes them so much.

11:58 PM  
Blogger Trav said...

nah. the reason i warned you not to get one was because i had a friend from shoreline get one, and the veins around the nosering become permanently inflamed and visible.
but maybe that's uncommon.

1:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm, I'll have to find out about the veins. I just don't know if I'd get in trouble at work. They are really conservative...Amidy, I didn't know you had one! I guess I never talked to you for a long enough time to see it!

8:19 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home