6.28.2006

Moving on

I have about 5 weeks left before I say goodbye to coworkers at both jobs.
Then, somehow I'll be all packed and ready to restart a school-oriented lifestyle.
It will be somewhat refreshing, but daunting, as I have to readjust not only to new surroundings , but a new lifestyle as well. In many regards it's different: living by myself, taking care of all bills on my own (it's about damn time), but the most unsettling might be adjusting to the climate. Lack of light and warmth might prove to be a big deal for me. For most of my life I've managed to live without a jacket, even in snowy conditions, but I'm guessing this will be like nothing I've ever felt before.
So I did prep myself by getting a thick jacket, however gloves and a scarf might also be in order.
I don't really know what people up there wear for the winter. I guess I'll just have to experience it and see how they cope so I can.

Beyond climate issues, once I have everything packed and actually have a place to move into (they should be letting me know about that here shortly) I won't have much else to worry about.
School itself won't be a bother. I'm guessing I'll have enough freetime to focus all my energy on it. I'll be dark outside, so I won't have much to lure me out there, and I won't know too many people, so chances are I'll be a loner, or at least keep to myself.

Now I guess I just sit back and until all the vital stages fall together and I can do something about them. Til then I'll just have it in the back of my mind.
So far it hasn't kept me up at night.
Hopefully it'll stay that way til the night before departure. (Cuz I know I won't sleep well that night, regardless.)

Been a while since I've blogged my thoughts.
Thanks for listening...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home