6.04.2006

Buttpaste

Today while cashiering I had an "item not found". This means that the bar code on an item that was scanned is not recognized by the computer.
In the event of this happening, one must hunt down the item at its source which means calling a sales clerk on the floor and asking for a similar UPC or just a price that you can work with.

So I get an item that won't ring up, so I call a long-time coworker/friend in nutrition, to see if the item belongs to her department.

I ask, "Do you have (said item) in your department?"

She asks, "What kind of toothpaste are you looking for?"

..."You're going to make me ask again aren't you? Can I get a price check on butt paste?"

She didn't believe what she was hearing, so she hung up the phone and walked over to my checkstand. I show her the product:

Boudreaux's Butt Paste

A treatment for diaper rash and other such skin irritations.
The guy buying it and I had a good laugh about it.
He wanted me to do an overhead page on the quest for the price of butt paste.
I declined.

It reminded me of 'Me, Myself, and Irene'. An embarrassing page for a price check on Vagasil.
I should have done it. When will I ever get that chance again?
...although it's not really protocol to get a price check like that.
Usually you just call for the department rather than the item itself.

Good times with butt paste.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home