11.08.2005

tired

this is a weird kinda tired that i'm not sure i haven't felt since Alaska.
the kind where you're running yourself into the ground.
just a constant state of tired with some unexplained muscle fatigue.

in the last 7 days, well. 7 with the day i'll do tomorrow, i'll have worked:
12, 12, 11, 8, 11, 4, 8 hour days.
what's that? 64 hour week?
kinda killer.
and this doesn't even mean i've had breaks on either end of this.
my last day off was tuesday the 1st and i don't know when my next break is.
i know i at least get the 18th - the 20th off.
so that's comforting.
but until then, i need to get some fucking rest.

2 Comments:

Blogger Nurse said...

dood, this woman at my work tells me she's doing 8-12 hour shifts in a row, one day off, then 2 more 12s, then she goes to her other job. I've known this woman for the better part of a year. Had no idea she regularly does this. Also, she's like late 40s. Last night she was telling me it was her 8th night. She did not look so tired or anything. She said she didn't feel tired. I was shocked! I didn't know any crazy people who did that many in a row. It would be so annoying to be at work so much. And exhausting I would think! Crazy!

3:18 PM  
Blogger Trav said...

That is crazy. But I'm guessing being a nurse is kinda like being a lifeguard. there's random shit to do every now and then, but it's not all that demanding. FM, on the other hand, that's tiring. Am i right, or way off?

5:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home