9.19.2001

too many fake people in the world.
all searching for that extra bit of attention. some way to be unique and stick out.
they want their "due" recognition.

yesterday i was seeing what my job was to be at our little corner of an office.
an employee that as of late has had one shat surgery to the next. ranging from foot to knee to mouth.
she hobbles in on crutches. support around her knee.
leaning back, stretching for the wall, tipping as to not bend the knee, sharp pain grips her, gritting her teeth.
me and my boss just watch. what to do? how to help. grab an arm?
no.
my boss offers a smartkart.
no. the old people need those.
shes doing her damnedest to come in to give them a note to say that she cant work thursday.
trapped in the small corner, not wanting to look at the pain on her face, trapped, i bolt out with the excuse of grabbing that necessary smart kart.
i hurry to it, but its no need. the slug of a kart takes its time getting back to the propped up employee.
i try to angle it as best i can, but shes still in pain no matter what.
she finally sets herself into it and trudges away.
fuck. getting in the car to leave will be a bitch.
but i have work to do, and i dont want to see anymore pain.

today i was barely busy. stuck way down at the unknown registers. solitary and hidden, even with a blaring light above my head.
no one seems to notice my existence.
my old lady friend calls me up.
her voice is nasally. stuffy.

im sthick. 101 degree fever.

oh, im sorry. are you going home soon?


yeh. as soon as they can let me

...but then i bring up something that sparks her attention.
i forget exactly what, but immediately the nasal, dying, suffering voice virtually dissappeared.
overexaggerating.... wanting of my sympathy.
mostly all an act...


compare the two.....
why fucking be so unreal?
whys there always a twisting or holding back of the truth?
it pisses me off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home