12.02.2007

Cold out?

I've yet to figure out this phenomena, but every time I seem to comment on the chilled weather in Alaska I generally get this awkward pause followed by a look that insinuates, "Duh, it's Alaksa!".

However, I have been approached with the same observation by people who are themselves seemingly Alaskan. Maybe there's a general range of temperature where this observation is allowed and other warmer times when it is not. If so, I have yet to define it.

I'm pretty sure that if it were -40 degrees that I could get away with this conversation starter of commenting on the cold weather, yet I might be inclined to think that 20 degrees doesn't really qualify.

Can anyone expound on this thought?

3 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

Ha!

"Duh, it's Alaska!" is not what people are thinking when you say that. You could, however, attribute that look to this thought: "Duh, wear a coat dumbass!"

:-D

I think 20 is when you can start making such comments, but only if you are at least vaguely attempting to dress appropriately.

11:37 AM  
Blogger Trav said...

I've heard that all my life, "Wear a jacket dumbass."
I guess its more appropriate up here.

6:42 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

just a little. I mean, come on, if you feel it is cold enough to comment on the cold...

12:01 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home