5.22.2005

nip-high

did me some kung fu today.
i'm starting to put my set together.
its going nicely. i had some doubts earlier, but today it was looking good.
the set's called Gung Ji Fuk Fu Kyun. (check out the illustrations under 'sets & techniques'. i'm on the 11th line.)
arturo just calls it Gung Ji. i'm down with that.
i think it basically means 'taming the tiger in an 'I' pattern'.
it's got a few tiger claw moves in it. badass.

then when we were done with that, i went downstairs to the pool where 70 middle schoolers were overflowing the pool.
there were spots on the pool deck that were about 3 inches deep.
the drains couldn't hang.

i helped the two lifeguards out a bit by actually watching the pool for once, then arturo and i went to lunch at that Pancho Villa mexican restaurant on lake city way and 85th-ish.
we had some tacos.
it was kinda cool. arturo spoke spanish to the waitor dude, so i followed suit.
i understood everything that went down.
i'm ready for mexico and south america.... or something.

got home just in time to get my shit together for work.
i sweet-talked my boss who let me go outside and push carts with another guy my age. that was some good times.
lately if i parcel i have to do it solo. not cool.

then i get home, a bit wet but still excited for noah and megan's party.
i hear its an old-people themed party so i get my big-ass pants out and my trusty belt. i grab a flanel, tuck it into my big-ass pants and cinch the belt up tight just under my nips.
i grab my dad's indiana jones-looking hat and fly out the door to the party.
i show up and... no one's dressed up but noah.
and he looks more grown-up than old.
well fuck.
oh well.
i got a solitary laugh.
the pants and hat eventually came off, and i looked rather uncouth throughout the rest of the party.
oh well.
most of the people i knew, the others work with noah and i'll never see them again.

after a depressing bout with alcohol i came home and am listening to chris rock's standup.
"i'ma learn! i don't wanna toss salad."
..."i prefer syrup".

the crudest things in life can always cheer me up.
the most retarded things get me down.

oh. and its finally in written word.
florida denied my ass.
better luck next year....

the only good thing is that the union rep should get me my journeyman pay tomorrow.

the other bad news is that i didn't have a day off since last saturday for dan's bachelor party. and i don't get another day off until dan's wedding on saturday.
that's a solid 14 days.
oh well.
thank god for dan. otherwise i wouldn't get days off.
but it's not like i have anything better to do anyway.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, there were at least 3 people who laughed at your costume!

On another note, you & I are so alike! I get depressed when drinking too. Or maybe it's just that it hurts to be rejected by the person you like...again. Too bad you didn't come over: misery loves company you know.

2:31 PM  
Blogger Trav said...

Pancho Villa was pretty good. the meat was done well.
the owner seems to be an american mexican. meaning he learned spanish after learning english.
that doesn't really matter though.

and as for getting depressed when drinking. that's only when i'm already in a shitty mood. alcohol just magnifies my current mood.

9:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home