2.23.2005

enslaved

geneaology's rad.
my sister just got done telling me this:

my mom's mom's dad's mom was Claudia Gore.
5 dad's back from her was Michael Gore.

Michael Gore (1710, England-Mar 1793, Baltimore County, MD) married
Sybil Christian (1719, Baltimore County, MD-1805, Baltimore County, MD).

anyway. his will dictates:

"I give and bequeath unto my beloved wife Sibbel Gore my dwelling plantation being part of a Tract of Land calld^ Murrays Plains together with all my household furniture plantation utensils, horses Cattle Sheep and Swine and my Negro Girl Poll to hold and Enjoy the aforesaid Property during her life."

Negro Girl. sweet!
i guess they had more than just the one:

"my will and desire is that my negro boy Greenbury be free at the age of Twenty One Years and my negro Girl Rachel be free at the age of Eighteen Years
and I do declare them to be free at the time mentioned and that they are to be the property of my two Sons George and Philip until they shall be free and then discharge them well Cloathed and I do further Direct that my two Sons George and Philip shall have my negro man Sam and negro woman Ruth."

well. at least some got to go free, so i aint paying no reparations!

but shouldn't i be getting some kickback from the discoverer of the internet?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home