2.11.2002

coincidence today:
i went to the cafeteria at my usual time after spanish with that hour before english.
i sit down at a table with no people.
eventually this black dude and this other chic sit down across from me.
hes got what i thought was a south african accent, but i guess he was from kenya.
maybe its not just there and widespread throughout the continent.
anyway. he sees my spanish, he comments.
tells how hes taking japanese.
i see his o chem.
i comment.
i whip out my fat stack of reactions that i made on my farside calendar last year when i took the class.
my hour ends, i leave for english.

almost 5 hrs later i go to work.
im walking toward produce to get to where i clock in.
this dude in a blue lab coat is walking toward the bananas.
its the same black dude!
i went up to him and talked to him to make sure.
it was him.
he works in the fred meyer pharmacy.
heh.
we've been working at the same store for 6 months and wouldnt have met if it werent for school.
so then, i clock in and go about my business.
and then, of course.
i saw him like 3 different times that night, just cuz now i was aware of his presence.
weird.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home